Exhale recruits talented leaders on an ongoing basis to address a wide variety of organizational goals and needs. Many positions are filled on an as-needed basis, while others, such as our Counselor Program and Board positions, are recruited on a regular schedule. Volunteering or working at Exhale is not the only way to grow the Pro-Voice Movement. Please visit our Pro-Voice Community page for additional resources on what you can do.
Operations & Technology Coordinator - Oakland, CA
About the Position
Exhale is seeking an exceptional candidate for a rare opportunity to join its dynamic and growing team as the Operations and Technology Coordinator. This person serves as a core member of Exhale’s small staff and is expected to be a leader and thought partner, and to show proactive ownership of all job responsibilities. The Operations and Technology Coordinator is responsible for administration and use of Salesforce, provides administrative and technical support to Exhale’s programs, engagement, and operations—including executive assistant duties as needed. The Operations & Technology Coordinator reports to the Senior Manager, National Engagement at Exhale.
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing systems including workflow rules and email alerts, reports and dashboards, and data maintenance
- Build reports and dashboards to suit staff needs
- Create fields and page layouts, downloading from the AppExchange as needed
- Maintain a Salesforce Community of about 40 users
- Support staff through training and assistance, keeping staff in the loop about new features and systems
- Create mailing lists for emails and direct mail using reports and campaigns
- Proactively improve and customize Salesforce to suit Exhale’s changing needs
- Serve as Salesforce expert and champion
- Manage IT support in the office, researching and troubleshooting any technical problems brought by the staff, and serving as the point of contact for our external IT consultants
- Support staff by collecting, capturing, and processing fundraising, communications, and program data
- Produce a comprehensive annual report on talkline data and quarterly reports on talkline, fundraising, and communications data
- General office duties, ordering supplies, developing administrative systems, scheduling
- Serve as “chief of first impressions,” managing general Exhale email, answering phones
- Manage physical space, including office equipment, and serve as liaison to building maintenance
- Prepare invoices and bills for bookkeeper
- Coordinate logistics and materials for meetings and events
- Manage office volunteers and interns
- Responsible for all gift processing and acknowledgement
- Responsible for logistics of direct mail, including printing
- Graphic design as needed for email, social media, and web
- Manage grant tracking
- Maintain a positive professional reputation in the local community and be an energetic, effective, and respected ambassador for the organization
Skills & Experience
- 2-5 years working in office environment
- Comfort with Salesforce
- Highly adaptable, self-directed, organized
- Proactive and resourceful, taking initiative and showing leadership
- Solutions-oriented, excellent problem-solver
- Comfortable learning and working independently
- Great listener who is open to feedback and encourages open communication and internal collaboration
Become an After-Abortion Counselor!
"Being there for women and men who are processing any aspect of their abortion experience is purposeful, and it allows me to spend time with truly extraordinary people. Our callers are phenomenally brave, loving, and generous in spirit, and the Exhale staff and volunteer team are, too! It's a pleasure to give my time through Exhale." - Susan, Talkline Counselor
Exhale is now accepting applications to volunteer for our award-winning, national, multilingual, free, confidential, entirely unique and well-respected after-abortion talkline.
- Are you seeking a rewarding volunteer experience?
- Would you be excited to develop and practice counseling skills?
- Would you like to take leadership to bring peace to the abortion wars by connecting with real people in a compassionate way?
- Would you like to join an innovative organization with a national impact?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the Exhale Peer Counselor Program may be the perfect place for you! We provide excellent training, valuable experience, a dynamic community and leadership opportunities to those accepted into our program.
Our next 60-hour training begins March 29th, and meets on select Tuesdays and Thursdays (6pm-9pm) and Saturdays (10am-4pm) through May 22nd. Applicants should be able to attend training sessions in downtown Oakland, CA and make a 12-month service commitment after training ends. PLEASE NOTE: The training location is different from our mailing address.
Role of volunteers: supporting women and their loved ones on the Exhale after-abortion talkline; practicing Pro-Voice listening and sharing.
Additional opportunities: We consider volunteers to be significant stakeholders in the organization. Volunteers have a variety of ways to give input and take leadership, from giving feedback to staff, becoming Pro-Voice Ambassadors, to formal Leadership Positions.
Bilingual volunteers are particularly encouraged to apply, especially those who speak Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Cantonese, and Mandarin. Stipends are offered to bilingual volunteers, and to parents needing childcare. Men are welcome, as the after-abortion talkline is available to both women and men.
If you're interested in working with us, fill out a volunteer application.
- After-Abortion Support
- Pro-Voice Community
- Take Action
- Why Pro-Voice?
- Who We Are