Exhale recruits talented leaders on an ongoing basis to address a wide variety of organizational goals and needs. Many positions are filled on an as-needed basis, while others, such as our Counselor Program and Board positions, are recruited on a regular schedule. Volunteering or working at Exhale is not the only way to grow the Pro-Voice Movement. Please visit our Pro-Voice Community page for additional resources on what you can do.
Exhale is seeking an exceptional candidate for an opportunity to join its dynamic and growing team as Deputy Director in our Downtown Oakland, CA headquarters.
Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director, this person will oversee finance, operations, fundraising, planning and programs, helping to integrate all of the work of the organization into a cohesive, organized strategy. The Deputy Director will directly supervise staff, supporting each individual's professional development and team growth.
2015 is a watershed year for Exhale, with both a book and a film being released, which profile the organization's unique pro-voice approach. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned and collaborative leader, with an understanding of strengths-based organizational culture, passion for Exhale's mission, and commitment to culture change work. S/he will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, financial management expertise, be tech-savvy, and have confidence in fundraising, board relations, engagement and movement-building strategies. This is a terrific opportunity for a proactive, creative, flexible and strategic leader with excellent management, planning and implementation skills to join a dynamic, high-functioning organization at a critical and exciting stage in its 13-year history.
Administration & Operations
- Manage all administrative and operational functions of organization including finance, human resources, facilities, board relations and program logistics
- Develop and manage annual budget in collaboration with Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Manage hiring processes, staff benefits and personnel policies
- Oversee Salesforce implementation and database troubleshooting with staff and consultants
- Work closely with Program and Administrative Coordinator to ensure that all operational functions run smoothly
Leadership & Staff Management
- Directly supervise Senior Manager, National Engagement and Senior Manager, National Programs
- Lead performance evaluation process, review and assess staff reports on their areas of responsibility, and direct staff towards appropriate professional development opportunities
- Ensure professional, strengths-based culture throughout organization, including with staff, board and volunteers
- Provide strategic guidance and critical feedback to staff, with a practice of mentorship, respecting the skills, strengths, contributions and challenges of individual team members
- Work with Executive Director and staff to report on organizational achievements and challenges to the Board of Directors.
Planning & Strategy
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Board of Directors on setting Exhale’s long-term strategic outcomes and goals.
- Actively hold the big picture of the organization; track cycles of work and support staff in managing well during both busy and slow cycles
- Effectively direct, supervise and implement large projects and organizational initiatives, with many moving parts
- Actively cultivate new opportunities for Exhale, including media, public speaking, thought leadership, partnerships and donor relationships
- Manage organizational calendar and lead quarterly and annual planning processes
- Work with staff to integrate assessment, evaluation, and communications into all organizational programs and initiatives
Fundraising & Engagement
- Collaborate with Executive Director, Board of Directors and Senior Manager, National Engagement on major donor and grassroots fundraising strategies
- Lead foundation fundraising efforts, including new funder cultivation, writing grant proposals and reports
- Leverage social media, strategic relationships and networks to expand Exhale’s reach and public awareness
- Network externally on Exhale's behalf, with volunteers, partners, media and funders as needed
- Passion for Exhale's mission
- At least 8-10 years professional experience in finance, administration, strategy and organizational leadership in a growing nonprofit or social enterprise
- Commitment to program evaluation and excellence in service delivery
- Previous experience successfully managing financial systems in a nonprofit environment
- Knowledgeable on creating and implementing organizational systems and processes to improve workflow and information sharing
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and build trust with established team
- Detail-oriented, flexible and direct
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple and sometimes competing tasks and satisfactorily meet deadlines and desired outcomes
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality in work
- Must be able to fulfill responsibilities with high standards in customer service in support of the Exhale’s core values and mission
- An enterprising, can-do confident, attitude; not easily overwhelmed
- Creative and independent problem-solving and multi-tasking skills; solution-oriented approach to opportunities and challenges
- Strong project management and follow-through
- Media and tech savvy; familiarity with donor management/engagement systems and online organizing strategy
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Proven track record of success in program/project implementation, fundraising execution, donor engagement and management
- Ability to fulfill responsibilities with high standards in customer service in support of Exhale’s core values and mission
- Bachelor's degree required
Some travel may be required along with participation in evening and weekend work-related activities/events.
Competitive salary and commensurate with experience. Benefits: Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Paid Holidays, Vacations, Life and/or Disability Insurance, Casual Dress.
This position is open until filled. Candidates are invited to submit a resume, cover letter and a minimum of two professional references to email@example.com - please be sure to put “Deputy Director” in the subject line of your email. Please include in your cover letter specifically why you are interested in working at Exhale. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. No phone calls please.
Exhale is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply for open positions regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected status.
About the Position
Exhale is seeking an exceptional candidate for an opportunity to join its dynamic and growing team as the Operations and Technology Coordinator. This person serves as a core member of Exhale’s small staff and is expected to be a leader and thought partner, and to show proactive ownership of all job responsibilities. The Operations and Technology Coordinator is responsible for administration and use of Salesforce, provides administrative and technical support to Exhale’s programs, engagement, and operations—including executive assistant duties as needed. The Operations & Technology Coordinator reports to the Senior Manager, National Engagement at Exhale.
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing systems including workflow rules and email alerts, reports and dashboards, and data maintenance
- Build reports and dashboards to suit staff needs
- Create fields and page layouts, downloading from the AppExchange as needed
- Maintain a Salesforce Community of about 40 users
- Support staff through training and assistance, keeping staff in the loop about new features and systems
- Create mailing lists for emails and direct mail using reports and campaigns
- Proactively improve and customize Salesforce to suit Exhale’s changing needs
- Serve as Salesforce expert and champion
- Manage IT support in the office, researching and troubleshooting any technical problems brought by the staff, and serving as the point of contact for our external IT consultants
- Support staff by collecting, capturing, and processing fundraising, communications, and program data
- Produce a comprehensive annual report on talkline data and quarterly reports on talkline, fundraising, and communications data
- General office duties, ordering supplies, developing administrative systems, scheduling
- Serve as “chief of first impressions,” managing general Exhale email, answering phones
- Manage physical space, including office equipment, and serve as liaison to building maintenance
- Prepare invoices and bills for bookkeeper
- Coordinate logistics and materials for meetings and events
- Manage office volunteers and interns
- Responsible for all gift processing and acknowledgement
- Responsible for logistics of direct mail, including printing
- Graphic design as needed for email, social media, and web
- Manage grant tracking
- Maintain a positive professional reputation in the local community and be an energetic, effective, and respected ambassador for the organization
Skills & Experience
- 2-5 years working in office environment
- Comfort with Salesforce
- Highly adaptable, self-directed, organized
- Proactive and resourceful, taking initiative and showing leadership
- Solutions-oriented, excellent problem-solver
- Comfortable learning and working independently
- Great listener who is open to feedback and encourages open communication and internal collaboration
Become an After-Abortion Counselor!
"Being there for women and men who are processing any aspect of their abortion experience is purposeful, and it allows me to spend time with truly extraordinary people. Our callers are phenomenally brave, loving, and generous in spirit, and the Exhale staff and volunteer team are, too! It's a pleasure to give my time through Exhale." - Susan, Talkline Counselor
Exhale is now accepting applications to volunteer for our award-winning, national, multilingual, free, confidential, entirely unique and well-respected after-abortion talkline.
- Are you seeking a rewarding volunteer experience?
- Would you be excited to develop and practice counseling skills?
- Would you like to take leadership to bring peace to the abortion wars by connecting with real people in a compassionate way?
- Would you like to join an innovative organization with a national impact?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the Exhale Peer Counselor Program may be the perfect place for you! We provide excellent training, valuable experience, a dynamic community and leadership opportunities to those accepted into our program.
Our next 60-hour training begins March 29th, and meets on select Tuesdays and Thursdays (6pm-9pm) and Saturdays (10am-4pm) through May 22nd. Applicants should be able to attend training sessions in downtown Oakland, CA and make a 12-month service commitment after training ends. PLEASE NOTE: The training location is different from our mailing address.
Role of volunteers: supporting women and their loved ones on the Exhale after-abortion talkline; practicing Pro-Voice listening and sharing.
Additional opportunities: We consider volunteers to be significant stakeholders in the organization. Volunteers have a variety of ways to give input and take leadership, from giving feedback to staff, becoming Pro-Voice Ambassadors, to formal Leadership Positions.
Bilingual volunteers are particularly encouraged to apply, especially those who speak Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Cantonese, and Mandarin. Stipends are offered to bilingual volunteers, and to parents needing childcare. Men are welcome, as the after-abortion talkline is available to both women and men.
If you're interested in working with us, fill out a volunteer application.
- After-Abortion Support
- Pro-Voice Community
- Take Action
- Why Pro-Voice?
- Who We Are