Need to talk with someone about your abortion experience? Looking to support your partner, child, or friend after their abortion?
Text Exhale Pro-Voice for nonjudgmental after-abortion support.
Available in the United States and Canada.
(U.S. Pacific Time)
Weekdays 3 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturdays 1 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Sundays 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
If you have texted us, we welcome you to take the Textline Survey.
The free, nonjudgmental Exhale Pro-Voice textline offers high-quality emotional support, information, and resources for all people after their abortions. The textline is also available to partners, parents, family members, friends, and allies – including mental health clinicians, abortion providers, doulas, and others offering abortion-related care. All texts are completely confidential.
At Exhale Pro-Voice, we know that there is no “right” way to feel after an abortion. We also know that feelings of happiness, sadness, empowerment, anxiety, grief, relief, and guilt are common. Abortions can be hard to talk about and finding the right person to talk with can be difficult. Exhale Pro-Voice provides the opportunity to talk with someone who supports and respects you, in a safe and confidential environment.
For those who prefer to call, please contact:
- All-Options at 1-888-493-0092
- Connect & Breathe at 1-866-647-1764
- Faith Aloud, for faith-centered support.
When you text Exhale Pro-Voice…
Peer counselors equipped with nearly 30 hours of training and roleplay experience will support you with Pro-Voice counseling, which:
- Values your emotional wellbeing and welcomes a full range of emotions.
- Approaches you as a whole person, recognizing that many facets of your life are part of your abortion experience.
- Respects and works within your belief systems (religious, cultural, social, and political) to support your needs.
- Works with you as you discover new strategies to support your emotional wellbeing.
- Reflects back your strengths so they can be a resource for you to face challenges, learn, and grow.
We know that you are resilient and resourceful, and that you have personal strengths that will help you take care of yourself!
Who texts Exhale Pro-Voice?
People of all backgrounds text Exhale Pro-Voice – and everyone’s experience is unique! We hear from people who have had abortions, as well as their partners, parents, family members, friends, and allies – including mental health clinicians, abortion providers, doulas, and others offering abortion-related care.
According to our Textline Survey, we hear from:
- People experiencing a range of emotions after their abortions – from sad and grieving, to angry, to relieved and empowered.
- People of all ages, some of whom had their abortions today, last week, last month, last year, and even decades ago.
- People who have had several abortions.
- People who have had abortions who are also parents.
- Black, Indigenous, and people of color.
- Queer, trans, and gender diverse people.
- People of faith.
- Immigrants and others living across the United States and Canada.
Are you a service provider?
Many Exhale Pro-Voice texters learn about our service through their medical or mental health provider. If you are a provider, we welcome you to refer your patients and clients to our After-Abortion Textline! Download .pdf Flyers and Brochures.